So, I failed to mention in my previous post what the purpose of this blog is. The title, obviously, tells you that I will cover the general topic of the importance of family. But, what it doesn't tell you is that the information I am posting is from a class of mine called The Family (FAML 100). My plan, therefore, is to do a weekly post on the interesting and vital facts and concepts I glean from my readings and class discussions. By doing so, I hope to help whoever may be reading this learn more about why the family is vital to not only God's plan, but also life and society as we know it.
For those of you that are not religious, I will be mentioning Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and other things pertaining to the family from my religion, but I don't want this to scare you away! What I am learning and teaching is not just important to Mormon families, or Christian families in general, but is necessary for all families in order for societies and the human race to function and survive. My major is Marriage and Family Studies. This means that the things I learn from my class are important to know to help and council marriages and families. Everyone should try to learn and understand as much as they can about those two subjects if they are planning on being involved in them. If more people understood these concepts and principles, I truly believe the world would be a lot different, a lot better in many ways.
The topics I will be covering are similar to those I covered in my Family Relations (FAML 160) blog last year (http://rebap12.blogspot.com/). If you would like to learn more about these topics from a slightly different angle, I recommend reading that blog as well. Also, the textbook I am reading for FAML 100 class is Successful Marriages and Families: Proclamation Principles and Research Perspectives, edited by Alan J. Hawkins, David C. Dollahite, and Thomas W. Draper. It's mostly intended for LDS readers, but I would recommend it for anyone who is interested in getting the facts and information first hand. The text for my FAML 160 class was Marriage & Family: The Quest for Intimacy, by Rober H. Lauer and Jeanette C. Lauer. It is not gospel oriented and has some really interesting facts, information, and readings as well.
Anywho, I hope you enjoy what I share as much as I enjoy learning and sharing it with you. Please comment! I would like to know that someone is reading my posts! Feel free to disagree, argue, concur, banter, anything you'd like! Thank you so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment